Company | Memberships
Vanguard ID Systems maintains membership in professional and industry associations and other organizations, including:
- AIM Global
- Retail Solutions Providers Association (RSPA)
- International Card Manufactures Association (ICMA)
- National Retail Federation (NRF)
- National Restaurant Association (NRA)
- World Wide Pet Association
- National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS)
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Public Library Association (PLA)
- EPC Global
- International Air Transportation Association (IATA)
- National Association of College Card Users (NACCU)
- National Association of College Auxiliary Services (NACAS)
DataGuard Security System™ Vanguard Corporate Overview Video (Quicktime)
Delta Uses Chip Tags, Tracking App to Tackle Problem of Lost Bags
There's nothing like lost luggage to put a damper on the holiday travel season, but a simple piece of technology being added to some luggage tags could help limit the problem. Just in time for the travel rush, Delta is adding Radio Frequency Identification chips, also known as RFID, to paper baggage tags.
Alaska Airlines Testing Electronic Baggage Tags With Some Passengers, Crew
For years now, airlines have experimented with different programs — like real-time baggage tracking — that aim to ensure that passengers and their luggage arrive together and in one piece. Alaska Airlines is jumping on the issue, allowing some passengers to replace traditional checked bag tags with a high-tech, electronic version.
Is This The Baggage Tag of The Future?
Alaska Airlines' research and development team, Customer Experience Labs (CX Labs), has come up with a number of different features over the past few years, focusing on biometric systems to allow automated lounge access and even to streamline boarding. And now, they've turned their considerable engineering prowess to an oft-overlooked part of the travel experience: the humble baggage tag.